Happy New Year everyone! 2016 sure was a whirl wind of a year and I hope everyone had a happy and safe night last night. I spent it on my couch watching movies and Gossip Girl (we don’t have cable so I wasn’t able to watch the ball drop..). I drank a little too much vodka cran but I was safe and sound at home.
I spent a lot of yesterday thinking back on 2016 and what I hope 2017 will bring. I’m not one for big New Year resolutions. I don’t make promises to myself that I’m going to go to the gym multiple times a week and that I’m only going to eat healthy and lose all this weight. I’ve tried it and I just set myself up for failure. I did, however, think of some little things I want to do this year. Things that are achievable but still allow me to deviate from when things arise. So here they are, my New Year resolutions for 2017.
- I want to laugh more. I spent a good part of 2016 sad and crying and just flat out quiet. I want this to change this year. I want to work on laughing, smiling, and being genuinely happy.
- I want to travel more. It doesn’t have to be these great adventures bouncing country to country. Even weekend getaways with my best friends I want to get away. It’s something I wasn’t able to do but I want to make it more of a priority.
- I want to eat less fast food. This is not to say that I’m going to cut it out completely. I’ve tried and I know it’s not something I can easily do. But I want to work on eating less of it.
- I want to blog more. I know I said this last year and I struggled to make it happen until the end of the year. This year I really want to write more. It’s kind of like therapy for me. I like that I get to share what’s going on with people (maybe not a lot of you but some of you..) and that my friends and family don’t know about it. It’s something that I have to myself and I don’t have to be cool, calm, and collected about everything.
- I want to work on me. This is a big one for me because I spent 7 years as a pair with a guy that I love. I don’t regret that but the big years of me growing up and becoming an adult I was focused on “us” instead of “me”. This isn’t to say that I don’t want to date in 2017 or get into a relationship or maybe even fall in love again but I want to make sure that I’m sure of who I am and what I want.
I guess that’s all of them for now. I’ll probably add more throughout the year but I’m going to strive for a much better 2017 than 2016 was. I’m going to work my ass off to make sure of it. Cheers to the New Year and I hope for the best for everyone! Enjoy the day loves, rest and enjoy. Tomorrow starts a new beginning.