I’m back with another story time and this one is one for the books. I went on my first “Tinder Date” on March 16th and it has its ups and downs to say the least. Let me start from the beginning.

I began talking to Ryan earlier that week. We hit it off right quickly and it seemed like we just clicked. I found myself constantly checking my phone to see if he texted me and we were up all hours of the night talking. I obviously wouldn’t say I was in love or anything to that extreme but I genuinely liked him (and how hot he was didn’t hurt either). We talked about our pasts, where we want to go in life, and our career choices. I found out early on that he was in Submarine school down by the shore. I love a guy in uniform! We kept talking until one of my days off I decided to take a road trip down to the beach (in March…) to clear my head. He just so happened to get out of class that night and not have any plans so we decided to meet up.

He had mentioned earlier through text that he was in his last week of Submarine school and would be leaving CT really soon. I didn’t think much of this when he told me since I figured I either wouldn’t meet him or if I did it wouldn’t be anything. So I decided to meet him, and it was the best decision I ever made. We hit it off, there were no awkward moments (although we both admit that we’re extremely awkward so that could be why), and we had a great time. He was the perfect gentlemen, sexy as ever, and that accent!!! We stayed out late that night and when it was time to leave I didn’t want to. Again, not in love but definitely liked him. We kept talking, and talking, and talking. We wanted to get together again before he went back to Maryland before going to his next base but it never worked out. We kept talking every single day though.

Finally his graduation came and went and before I knew it he sent me a snap saying he was heading out of CT. To tell you the truth I was pretty sad. Sad that I didn’t get to say goodbye, didn’t get to give him a good luck hug. I found comfort in the fact knowing that he was going to be in Maryland for the next few weeks on leave though. Not that I planned on seeing him but knowing that he wasn’t all that far gone.

Yesterday, April 7th, my sailor boarded a plan for the best adventure I could ever wish for him. He flew out to Washington state, across the country, to his new base and a lifetime of memories. He had told me awhile ago that he had no intention of coming back to the east coast, and quite frankly I don’t blame him. My first tinder date left for across the country and never looked back. I’m happy for him, don’t get me wrong, and we do still talk on the daily. I may have lost a tinder date but I gained a friend and he’s one of the best.

The moral of the story…don’t be afraid to meet your tinder dates (unless they’re super creepy). I took a chance and found some happiness, even if it was just for a night. Ryan changed my perspective on guys and gave me new hope for the future. You never know where you’re going to end up in life, maybe he’ll be back in CT or maybe I’ll end up in Seattle. Never the less, I took a leap of faith and it didn’t bite me in the ass. I miss him like crazy and wish I could have given him a goodbye hug but sometimes things don’t work out how we want. I wish him nothing but the best, I hope he’s safe out there fighting for our country, and I hope he finds the girl he looks at like he does chicken tenders :).